Reverchon Atlanta

• Hi. My German is terrible so I apologise that I am using Google to translate for me.

[Hallo. Mein Deutsch ist schrecklich, so entschuldige ich mich, dass ich mit Google, um für mich zu übersetzen.]

This is my Reverchon Atlanta that I am going to restore. As you can see it is in poor condition. I have found a company here in England who can replace the seat foam, but I am looking for replacement for any of the metal parts on the body. Can anyone help please?

[Das ist mein Reverchon Atlanta, die werde ich wieder herzustellen. Wie Sie sehen können ist es in einem schlechten Zustand. Ich habe eine Firma in England, die den Sitzschaum ersetzen gefunden, aber ich bin auf der Suche nach Ersatz für einen der Metallteile am Körper. Kann mir jemand bitte helfen?]

Chris

• Hi Chris,

nice to meet you here in the forum, have a lot of fun.
    In germany we have minimum 6 years english in school, so it should work as well... :D

Which parts do you need exactly? Maybe Alex (Automatikskooter) has something, but I think he only uses the Reverchon Privileg. Maybe the parts are the same.

I'm interested in some infos about the seat foam. I need a seat too for a new car I'm finishing (no Reverchon). At the moment I have no idea to solve this problem.

BR

Totti

P.S.
    I moved the thread into the Reverchon technik area, because I hope we will see a lot of pics from your work... ;)

Es wurde schon alles gesagt, nur noch nicht von jedem.
    Kein Support via PN, Fragen bitte im Forum stellen.

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Hi Chris, HMG she's alive ! Sorry my German is not so good !

Hallo Chris, Grüss Gott sie ist lebendig! Schade mein Deutsche ist nicht so gut!

To repair seats :Use black windscreen glue as "Sikaflex" to fill the holes
    To clean "chromium" :Use woodsteel with soap

Sitze zu reparieren: Benutzen Sie schwarzen Windschutzscheibe-Leim, um die Löcher als "Sikaflex" zu füllen
    "Chrom" zu reinigen: Benutzen Sie Holzstahl mit Seife (hoffe ich, dass Sie es in England oder in Deutschland finden können!)

DSCN0919.jpg
    Nov 2013 018.jpg

I've got two Atlanta, one already restored and the second : i need to...

If you have any question about this car feel free to ask, if i can help you to save this !

Ich hab's zwei Atlanta, eins stellte bereits, une zweit wiederher: ich brauche dazu...

Wenn Sie jede Frage über dieses Autogefühl frei haben zu fragen, wenn ich Ihnen helfen kann, das zu sparen!

Dateien

Le prix s'oubli, la qualité reste...
    Price can be forgotten, quality stays on !
    Preis kann vergessen werden, Qualität bleibt!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gride ()

• Morning u guys,
    first chrisw :
    as Totti said, there is no problem for most of us to understand and answer in english. Fell free to ask all questions, if you need help.

Seems your scooter is complete? The chrome-parts will be one of the more expensive jobs. You should try chrome-polish first, you maybe know "NEVR-DULL"?
    The head-lights is a problem, where i´ll have to find a solution, too. My S.D.C. ESPADA (italian made) needs new glasses, too. I´m thinking about reforming them using MAKROLON material.
    Enjoy this forum and you are welcome :) .
    9.1.2013 022.jpg

• Hi Everyone

Thanks for your warm welcome. I'm sorry I have to write in English. Yes, we were taught some German at school but it was for one year only and they didn't really teach us anything that would actually be useful. The only thing I can remember is the teacher holding up things from his desk and asking us 'Was ist das?' and we would all have to chant back 'Das ist eine winkelmesser', or something like that. I only remember 'winkelmesser' because it sounds kind of rude in English! :)

Actually I need to try to remember some more as I am visiting Germany in June!

Anyway, onto Dodgems or Autoscooter as you guys call them...

So my Atlanta was apparently used at Glastonbury as seating in a cafe and before that in an art exhibition in London. Someone has picked at the foam on the right side, probably when it was cafe seating, so the seat looks terrible. Also it has lots of cracking from being out in the sun. You can see a bit better in this picture:

But, I found a company that can replace the foam on the seat for me. http://www.quartexcomponents.co.uk/ But, they only have the mould for the sides, base and head rests. To replace the foam on those will be £135, so my plan is to get those replaced and hope I can somehow fix the faded colour of the seat back.

They can make a mould for the seat back but the cost will be £800-1000 so too expensive for me, but if lots of people wanted it done we could possibly all contribute?

The other part I am looking for are the chrome parts for the body. Someone has painted mine gold in the past to try and there are lots of rust holes. I plan on cleaning the ones with no holes in them in my sand blaster and then getting them re-chromed, but there are some pieces that are beyond repair due to rust holes so I wonder if anyone has any spares they might sell?

I have found another company here in the UK that will supply a replacement bumper for £400 which I will probably do if I have any money left at the end!

Chris

• lol, Winkelmesser. Such an old word, we don't use in germany normally. Normally not in the last 40 years... :D

Chrome parts: I just restored an old bumpercar from 1964. Forget it to sand them with your sand blaster before you give them away for re-chroming. You destroy more than it helps the company have to rechrome them.
    First thing the company here said to me: Please please do nothing, never sand them self. We have other and better possibilities.
    Makes more work to re-chrome sanded parts.

Why do you want to replace the bumper? It looks not too bad. Clean it first and make a detail pic please...
    The steering wheel needs some refresh too... :D

Es wurde schon alles gesagt, nur noch nicht von jedem.
    Kein Support via PN, Fragen bitte im Forum stellen.

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Interesting tip on the chrome parts. Thanks. I will speak to the chrome people before I do anything. It's the ones that have holes in them from rust that are the problem. Part of me is thinking just fibreglass them up and do them in black instead of chrome, but I would prefer it to be original.

The bumper is badly cracked in places and has parts where the cord is showing through holes in the rubber. It's usable, but I would prefer to replace it if possible.

The same company that can fix the seat can also restore the steering wheel, but it is bent so I need to see if I can fix that first. Should be ok if I heat it up and bend it back into shape.

Chris

• Hi Chris,

Fix this kind of steering wheel with rubber removed and bent, seems to be impossible, (You could buy Garden hose and black adhesive tape, but the result will not be perfect) this modele of steering wheel (In France) have been replaced by a most modern one and so a lot of Showman can sell you this version very cheap...

Hallo Chris,

Befestigen Sie diese Art des Lenkrades mit Gummi entfernt und Neigung, nicht mögliche scheint, (Du kannst Gartenschlauch und schwarzen Klebstreifen kaufen, aber das Resultat wird nicht vollkommen) sein dieser modele des Lenkrades (in Frankreich) ist durch einen modernsten ersetzt worden, und so dass viel Schausteller Ihnen diese sehr billig Version verkaufen kann...

New version:/ Neue Version:

autoscooter-forum.com/attachment/4531/

This web site will help you to find Reverchon spare parts / Diese Website wird Ihnen helfen, Reverchon Ersatzteile zu finden:

http://www.landwermann.de/index.php?route=product/category&path=5_25&page=6

Le prix s'oubli, la qualité reste...
    Price can be forgotten, quality stays on !
    Preis kann vergessen werden, Qualität bleibt!